DEI Marking Legend
WWWW: Device Base Part Number, 4 numeric digits
S: Optional product variation code
-X: Package Code
C- Ceramic DIP
D - Ceramic Side Brazed DIP
E - Ceramic Leadless Chip Carrier
G - Pin Grid Array
H - TO Can
I - Die
M - Plastic MLP, QFN, LPCC
N- Plastic molded DIP
S - SOIC
U - J Lead Cerquad
Q - QFP
W - Side Brazed Ceramic SOIC
Y: Temperature Range Code
C - 0 / 70oC
D - -10 / +50oC
I - -40 / +85oC
E - -55 / +85oC
A - -40 / +125oC
M - -55 / +125oC
K - -55/+105oC
Z: Process Flow Code
S - Standard (ie.: Cold sample test, AC sample test)
B - Burn In
U - Hi Rel Plastic upscreening
C - Custom Screening*
-C: Option Code
May be used to track customer options through the order entry system. One or more codes may be added to a part. Codes may be product specific:
· A - Special Screening
· B – Special Screening
· G - Green or Pb-free option. **
· R - 3182 10% Rout option
· H - 3182_2 “special” version for select customer only
· P - SnPb solder dip lead finish option
** The · G code is a standard product code used to denote Pb-free products. While some products are offered in both SnPb and Pb-free (-G) lead finish, others are offered with only Pb-free. In the latter case, DEI will accept orders for PNs with or without the –G suffix. In this case, there are two DEI PNs for the same product.
Where space allows, the IC marking shall include:
· Full part number;
· Wafer lot code;
· Date code indicating Package assembly or test date in the format: "YYWW" with WW being the calendar Work Week
· For Pb free products (-G), the JEDEC lead finish code shall be marked on the package if room allows; preferably after the date code. The code may be marked with either the JEDEC symbol (circle around e#) or with normal text E#.
Pb-Free Cat Codes describe the Lead Finish and are defined in JESD 97:
- e1 - SnAgCu
- e2 - Sn alloy with no Bi or Zn
- e3 - Pure Sn
- e4 - Precious metal (NiPdAu or Au)
- e5 - SnZn, E6 - Contains Bi
- e7 - Low temp solder (<150 °C) contains In.
· Where device-marking area is limited, the 11/12-character identification may be
shortened to nine by truncating the DEI prefix to D.
In other cases, the three-character suffix or prefix may be located on a separate line from the Base PN. In either case, the product identification and order entry ID shall still consist of the full 11+ character part number; only the marking code is abbreviated.
Product that is up or down-screened to create a different temperature range or process flow version (suffix YZ code change) may be hand-marked as follows:
Temperature range up-screen:
-Mark part with blue ink dot.
Burn-in OR Burn-in + temperature up-screen:
-Mark part with a white dot or “B” if dark package.
-Mark the part with a black dot or “B” if gold lid package.
Electrical Characteristic up-screen:
-Mark part with a green dot
Electrical Characteristic down-screen:
-Mark part with a white dot (custom parts only)
Note: The customer’s quote and order confirmation shall document the up-screen or
down-screen marking. The packing container shall be marked with the up-screened
· Marking is optional for the (-C) customer option.
· The Pb-free code mark may be omitted on products that are only offered as Pb-free.
· The packing container (box, bag, etc.) shall be labeled with the complete part number.
· The packing container of “-G” parts shall be marked with the Pb free “e#” code.