The DEI1046A is a BiCMOS device which contains eight differential line receivers. Each receiver channel translates incoming ARINC 429 data bus signals (tri-level RZ bipolar differential modulation) to a pair of TTL/CMOS logic outputs. Each channel operates independently and meets the requirements of the ARINC 429 Digital Information Transfer Standard.
- Octal ARINC 429 to TTL/CMOS logic line receivers
- Drop-in replacement for DEI1046-T_S-G and HI-8456PS_
- Operates from single +5 V ± 10% or 3.3 V ± 10% power supply
- ARINC inputs internally protected to lightning requirements of DO-160 Level 3 pin injection
- ARINC inputs withstand inadvertent short to 115 Vac on inputs
- Operates in high noise environment
- Input Common Voltage Range: ± 20 V
- 2 V minimum Input hysteresis
- High input resistance allows use of external series resistors to support:
- Lightning protection beyond Level 3
- Fault isolation
- Package: 38L TSSOP, 4.4 mm body
Functional Description The DEI1046A is a BiCMOS device which contains eight differential line receivers. Each receiver channel translates incoming ARINC 429 data bus signals (tri-level RZ bipolar differential modulation) to a pair of TTL/CMOS logic outputs. Each channel operates independently and meets the requirements of the ARINC 429 Digital Information Transfer Standard. The device is designed to operate in a high noise environment. Inputs are accepted over a +/- 20 V common mode voltage range and the receivers provide over 2 V of hysteresis. Circuit speed is optimized to reject high frequency transients. The DEI1046A device provides logic level TEST inputs for built in system test. They force the outputs of all eight receivers to the specified ZERO, ONE or NULL state. The ARINC inputs are ignored when the device is in test mode. The DEI1046A has a single test port which controls all 8 channels. The ARINC input pins are designed with internal protection from damage due to lighting induced transients of DO160 Level 3 pin injection. The protection incorporates on-chip high value resistors to minimize IR heating and highvoltage dielectric isolation to withstand the voltage transients. Higher protection levels can be achieved with the addition of external TVS devices between the inputs and ground, or alternately, TVS devices in combination with series current limiting resistors between the ARINC bus and the IC/TVS node. The series resistors reduce the power requirement and size of the TVS. Resistor values up to 10 kΩ are feasible. See the DEI1049 datasheet for the pin compatible derivative of the DEI1046A which operates with 40 kΩ external resistors. The ARINC inputs withstand inadvertent short to 115 Vac aircraft power without sustaining damage.